Name of the school: Pompei Hr. Pry. School Talipady
School Email Id:      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Correspondent : Rev Fr.Victor D’Mello
Head of the Institution:Sr Philomena Sequeira
Year of Establishment: 01-08-1904

Brief history of the school:
Pompei Hr. pry school is situated in the village of Talipady.111 Years ago in 1904 Rev Fr.Aloysius .J.D’Souza then  parish priest of our Lady of Remedies Church kirem christend the local school as pompei Elementory school, there  were only 1 to 5th classes. The parish priests, parishioners and the people of the surrounding villages contributed their labour, sacrifice and efforts thus the school was recognized by the Government as the Hr pry school (1-7th) in 21-02-1916). In the year 1978 Rev.Fr. Abundius J.D’Souza built strong and spacious building for Pompei Hr Pry school and celebrated   its platinum Jubilee.Till 1967 the school was headed by lay people, shree K.C.Kamath, Shree N.R.Baliga and shree Joseph Pinto. Then Sr Noreen B.S, Sr.Ima B.S,Sr.Lilly Ange B.S,  Sr.Emelda B.S, Sr.Leoba B.S,  Sr.Regis B.S, Sr.Gracy B.S,Sr.Irene Fernandes Sr. Mercine B.S Sr.Rita felcy B.S,Sr Agnes Mary B.S led the school as headmistresses .

Rev Fr.Aloysius J.D’Souza ,Rev Fr.Salvadore D’Souza ,Rev Fr  Emmaunuel .M.Rebello,Rev Fr.George Menezes, Rev Fr. P.D.G .Rego, Rev Fr. Basil A. D’Souza, Rev Fr.Abundius F.D’Souza ,Rev Fr.Bernard L.D’Souza  Rev Fr. Simon D’Souza Rev Fr. Victor Saldanha, Rev Fr .Vincent Martis, Rev Fr Valerian Pinto, Rev Fr.Charles Noronha, Rev. Fr Paul Pinto guided the school as Correspondents.The school grew as a popular school in the locality because of the student‘s strength and the quality of education .As the days passed by number of neighbouring schools increased, teachers  retired, the strength of the school is dimirnishing. Now at present we have 80 students with 2 staff and 3 honorary teachers.At present Sr.Philomena Sequiera  B.S is the Headmistress and under the able leadership of our correspondent Rev.  Fr. Victor D’Mello our school continues its mission, imparting the knowledge and the light of Jesus Christ.


Little Flower  Hr. Pry. School Elinje


“Education is the basic need of every child “
        
Knowing the importance of education in every child’s life, late Mr. M.V Fernandes started a school in the year 1928 in a thatched rikety shed of Bhandasale late Mahabala Shetty . with efficient leadership of late Andrew D’Souza and with the help of the villagers the school ran successfully from standard 1 To 5.
       
Later the administration of the school was taken over by the catholic board of Education. It was the generous heart of landlord Mr.A.P Fernandes of Mangalore, who donated 85 cents Land to the school. Because of the hardwork, sacrifice and good will of many good hearted people a small beautiful school building was put up. The popularity of the school spread to the nearby villages and the number of students increased. But when it was unable to continue classes in the old and worn out building, a call for help went around Elinje village,neibhouring villages and even to the distant  places.Everybody came forward to extend this building. Thus in 1967-68 school building was completed. On everyone’s demand Higher Primary Section was also started. For the betterment of students the basic needs such as playground, drinking water well, electricity and toilets were provided.
         
In 1978, during the Golden Jublei of the school, the building was again renovated .Till now, the different needs of the school were fulfilled with the help of school correspondents, well-wishers and generous donors.
          
From then to the present day along with the quality education, values and life skills were provided with the co-operation of able and effieient correspondents, and teachers

Mr.M.B. Fernandes, Mr.Andrew D’Souza,Mr.John Miranda, Mr.Roman serrao, Mr.Richard Miranda, Mrs.Benny Crasta,Mrs.Blasius Fernandes have successfully lead the school  as Head Teachers and they toiled hard to spread the mission of educating the little ones. Presently Mrs Juliana D’souza is the Headmistress The only aided post, along with 4 honarary teachers is trying her level best to continue this noble mission of educating the little ones. Fr. Victor D’mello is guiding the School as Correspondent
                            

Subcategories

Home | Parish | News | Sitemap| Contact

Copyright ©2015 www.kiremchurch.com. Powered by eCreators

Contact Us

Our Lady of Remedies Church
Kirem,
Aikala Post 574141 
Mobile : 9663103994